Friday, May 8, 2009

HP EliteBook 8730w Mobile Workstation- models


Starting at: $ 1,699.00*

Special offers: HP Total Care Access Card Manage, Protect, and Grow your Business.


8730w dissapoints
=============
"I recently purchased an EliteBook 8730W that is running Windows Vista Business 64 bit.The video card is an nVidia FX2700M. The hard disk is a solid state Intel 80gig.The current version video driver does not work properly. After installing the driver the screen is so dark it is non readable. Also when the screen adjustment control panel is used it only gets worse.There is also a hardware reliability problem either related to the solid state hard disk or video card or both. When the computer comes out of Stand-by the video card stops working. In some cases the whole computer becomes useless where absolutely nothing works and the only option is to shut it down by using the power button.Somebody needs to do some research into these issues. When someone spends well over $3000.00 for a laptop it should work and work properly. If the product is new, which this one is, it should be tested first.For the amount of money I spent and the reliability issues I have, my 5 year old Toshiba Satellite in comparison was a much better machine. Sure it was slower but it NEVER failed me. I have lost so many hours on this new EliteBook I think it would only be fair that I get some kind of trade in offer or upgrade."

No comments:

Post a Comment